Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Shake it Off"

“Mommy, look that lady is bald…” coming from a child not older than 5 years old. A child that young and observant to notice that I didn’t have hair, I had to laugh though. I laughed at our society because I was standing right next to my bald husband, but the child noticed that I was the bald one…so mentally, I shake it off, smile and go on…sometimes I’ll try to educate both the child and the mother. I try to let the child know that I am Ok and not to be scared or surprised the next time they see a bald woman.

“Shake it off” is a series that I speak to women about. Not only about the tie ups that society has about hair or lack there of but about life in general.

We are not perfect…the meaning for perfect is flawless; complete; undamaged. Now myself, I’ve been through some things. Unhealthy relationships, debt, being a young single mother (age 20)…lost 2 babies (miscarriages), allergies, been in a couple of bad car accidents...I could go on, but it’s just getting harder though. My point is, there is no perfection here and this is LIFE and life just seems to happen…so what do we do??

Life is a funny thing when you sit back and think about it. It’s a constant “something”, something is ALWAYS happening be it good or bad or just alright. We are born into this world and then we die…what we do in the middle and how we handle “stuff” in hopes that we do not waste the short time that we do have here on earth, is up to us.

Shake means: To move from firmness; to weaken the stability of; to cause to waver; to impair the resolution of…What a powerful definition this is!

So with all the curve balls and adversities that life has thrown in my life, sometimes it was hard to move, to even lift a finger and think about shaking.Through it all though with God’s help, I must say that the homework is turned in and I realize that I have many more assignments to go...but I can tell you that when I decided to shake a little...just a little to make my situations, and my adversities to waver and become unstable… I would always keep in mind of the walk from one step to the next...they were long...and the load switched in it’s weight, but I Thank God for giving me strength, keeping me in peace, and keeping that steady stream of Joy in my life! Thus making me Stronger…

What is it that you need to shake off? Are you damaged by the issues of “LIFE”, and have you let those issues go? What will you do to make your time here on this earth a better one?

No comments: